Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day Four Dare Four

Contact you spouse sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you could do for them.

Feel free to post your thoughts/experiences on this dare

When you first fell in love being thoughtful came natural to you. You honestly confessed "I can't stop thinking of you." Once marriage occurs, that begins to change. The hunt is over, and the pursuing is done. Motivation for thoughtfulness cools. You drift into focusing on other things. After a while you begin to unintentionally ignore the needs of your mate.
Thoughtlessness is a silent enemy in relationships. Love requires thoughtfulness on both sides. Love teaches you how to meet in the middle, to respect and appreciate how your spouse uniquely thinks. A husband should listen to his wife and learn to be considerate of her unspoken message. A wife should learn to communicate truthfully and not say one thing while meaning another.
Love thinks before speaking. Great marriages come from Great Thinking!

My husband is home sick tomorrow from his peridontal surgery. But all day I have been in big pain from the pregnancy and he's still demanding to take care of me. But I keep asking how's your pain (I can sympathize I've had something similar done).. did you take your meds? How are you feeling. I apologize for him being so tired... I haven't gotten more than 45 minutes of sleep at a given time. So I know he's suffering right along with me. I will continute to do the same tomorrow as well. I might even write him a tiny love note or text message...

As for Day 2 we went to Church that morning and I had already in my mind set be thoughtful of Rick in an unpredictable way... I thrive on thoughtfulness personally. So every move I made that day no matter how simple I thought what can I do for Rick... Like a donut before church service. Candy in the gas station on the way up to Campbell. He doesn't need impressed he needs thoughtfulness...

No comments:

Post a Comment