Thursday, April 16, 2009

Love Dare day 1

Rick and I thought the idea was interesting and much like we tried while he was in Iraq with another book. Well we got to Dare #1 and didn't follow up with #2... So I will be winging it again on my own. I need a little more faith in my marriage and to regain some strength and Zen if you will. So I might be sharing with you all my daily progress. There is a military version too so I will be trying to find that book and read it as well. Because I have no choice but to be HOOAH Military wife for the next year I might as well not make Rick miserable in the process. Of course starting at Midnight the first dare is to not say anything putting down Rick in any way.
The first part of the dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation aries choose not to say anything. It is better to hold your tongue than say something you will regret.


I am going to read Day 2 as soon as I finish this blog but I wanted you to know Friday was a pretty peaceful day even with the sleeplessness from both sides. I stayed upbeat and positive. I didn't have anything negative to say about Rick and felt remorseful for my actions on Thursday. I also kept up Day 1 today... Just because its a new day doesn't mean you should fall back into your old habits...

2 comments:

  1. Is this a book? Or an online thing? It sounds liks a great idea. Stonewall and I haved used a few books to help us get through some rough times and also just because they sounded fun. Who knew self-help books could be fun? Haha! Anything that helps stengthen our marriage is a good idea, the way I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my posts from an online group. But its a book inspired by a movie... Fireproof is the movie... Love Dare is the book.

    ReplyDelete