Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Love Dare Day 5

Ask you spouse to tell you three things that cause him to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is their perspective only.
Feel free to post your thoughts/experiences on this dare

Love is not rude. To be rude is to act unbecoming, embarrassing, or irritating. In marriage this could be a foul mouth, poor table manners, or a habit of making sarcastic quips. When a man is driven by love, he intentionally behaves in a way that is more pleasant to be around. If a woman desires to love him, she purposefully avoids things that frustrate him or cause him disrespect.
Good manners express to your significant other "I value you enough to exercise some self-control around you. I want to be a person who's a pleasure to be with." When love changes your behavior you restore an atmosphere of honor to your relationship.
If you don't let love motivate you to make needed changes in your behavior, the quality of your relationship will suffer. Love is not rude but lifts you to a higher standard. Do you wish your significant other would quit doing things that bother you? Then it is time to quit doing things that bother them.

For Day 4 I sent him a text message while he was at school telling him I love him and how I appreciate how much he has put up with me this week since I have been resting alot due to pain and lack of sleep. I am hoping to take it easy so I can at least get one day of good sleep then go on about normally if possible

No comments:

Post a Comment